Monday, April 17, 2017

Quotes: Werner Herzog (Film Maker)

"The other thing I'm fiercely opposed to is storyboards, the instruments of cowards who have no faith in their imagination and no confidence in their fantasies."

"I need people who see and feel things as they are, not someone concerned with creating the most beautiful images possible. I don't give much thought to the composition of an image; I focus instead entirely on what the shot is about on how it fits into the overall story. Everything else is irrelevant.... If I were to think about my handwriting while writing an important letter, the words would become meaningless. When you write a passionate love letter and focus on making sure your longhand is beautiful as possible, it isn't going to be much of a love letter. But if you concentrate on the words and emotions, your particular style of longhand-- will somehow seep in on it's own accord."