Saturday, April 8, 2017

2nd "Ten Voices" Submission

After getting the "Families of the Dump" pictures accepted for the "TRUMPET" exhibition at Latitude 53. I thought that maybe I had cut myself out of chance to being accpeted at the VAA, Kaasa exhibtion "Ten Voices"
 "10 Voices" Submission Call

When I inquired at the VAA. I found out that there will be a different jury judging "Ten Voices". Since there is an entirely different jury I am leaving the "Ten Voices" "Families of the Dump" submission as is.

In the email exchange I found out that "Ten Voices" allows for a second submission. I thought why not, I have the time and inclination, lets do it! I have there for gathered together 6 of my "Muay Thai Gym- Klong Toey Slum" photographs and am making a 2nd submission to "Ten Voices". Having 2 submissions in the works will I hope make my chances of getting in a bit stronger. This is a province wide thing and only 10 photogs get in. It will tough to make the cut but heck it does not hurt to try as hard as you. I need to get the work shown, I owe my subjects that, I have to try as hard as I can to get the photos on the walls.

If and it is a bit IF I am accepted, I would then have 3 shows in quick succession (this one is in mid October I think) before I go to Thailand and resume photographing and start film making. Never had 3 exhibtions back to back to back before, it would be rather thrilling!

Here are the Muay Thai stuff I am submitting. Muay Thai is Thai boxing for those that do not know. These pictures were made in a Muay Thai gym in the Klong Toey slum in Bangkok, Thailand. I have been photographing there on and off for 4 or 5 years now.