Sunday, January 22, 2017

Email-Quote: From A Friend About Forgotten Brothel Workers

From an email discussion with a friend about the lives of the forgotten brothel workers of Asia. I thought he hit the nail on the head with this section and wanted to share it here. I am happy the work I did back then still has power now. Need to make up a portfolio of these images, to continue to raise awareness and to educate.
Here is his quote:

"For me your photos of the young women of K11 evoke a cultural dimension.... A place nobody acknowledges or wants to admit exists. These young women are human beings. They exist in a context that is so brutal and dehumanizing but they exist. The disaster if their lives overwhelms me. I cannot trivialize these images away into some convenient rationale. There is nothing convenient about looking at the young women. They deserve my respect for a tenacity they possess to somehow survive in a brutal world."