Friday, January 27, 2017

Bought Me A Triple Hot Shoe

I also picked up this little hot shoe adapter. The little unit turns 1 hot shoe into 3. The idea being I can attach 2 mics and a video light to it. The video light will allow me to shoot in the dump at night when the people are working the garbage. I am thinking of shooting that work up close to get a more surreal feel to it, showing the depth of their hardship. Children also wander in the nightime garbage working and with their parents. The bright video light spotlight effect in combo with the garbage and youth will be a strong graphic that tells an important part of the story effectively.

This unit cost a bit more, $20 USD plus $13.50 USD shipping but I liked the lower profile of it. I wanted something that would allow me to mount everything to the camera unit but also that would not look like deer antlers. I want to be as inconspicuous as possible in the dump, so am trying to keep my video gear compact and hopefully a bit less flashy and noticeable.

Triple hot shoe adapter