Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Nice Note

With all the rejections I get for the families dump photographs it is nice to get a positive note now and again. Today I received such a note, written to me by a person I worked with at a gallery exhibition a few years back. I removed her name to protect her privacy. When I get down about my failed photograph efforts, emails like this help me through the down times.
------------------------------
Hi Gerry,

Your blog is wonderful. The images of the children who live in the dump are hauntingly beautiful and soul-touching.

Wonderful work, wonderful humanity...I too believe that that the artist's' willingness to "be human" invites art and life to move freely around and through all barriers.

The best of 2017 to you and your family.
S-----

S---- ------ -----
Program and Development Coordinator
------ ----- ------