Saturday, November 18, 2017

Tonight In The Dump

Tonight in the dump I handed out a 2 pairs of 9.5 boots but not the 10s. The man who wanted the 10s must have come earlier in the evening. I intentionally went later to avoid the garbage company officials. Arrived around 1020pm, stayed until 1250pm or so. I managed to hide from the first garbage truck I faced last night, probably around 11pm but the second around 1230 spotted me, got a good luck at me as it drove right by my motorbike in the dark.

I was able to shoot a variety of video, with both the BMPCC and steadycam with a wide angle and closer lens. I also shot some video using my Canon 5d Mark 3 which was mounted on a new small Jusino tripod I bought tonight at  "Big Camera" at Robinson department store on the highway. The tripod was a bit pricey at 3990 baht ($155 CAD) but necessary to stabilize the Canon in the field. I have a big ass carbon fiber Gitzo but it heavy and has a big footprint (scares official types). This little Jusino I can hide inside my larger shoulder camera bag. I will use this tripod int he field when I need to be more covert, and when I am to tired to carry the big one.

Here is a picture of the tripod:

Jusiono TK-225S Silver Tripod, Made In China