Sunday, November 19, 2017

Tonight In The Dump, Photos

Not much going on action wise in the dump tonight, so I did a series of stills in available light with the Canon 5D  Mark 3. The exposures were f22 20-30 seconds with a ASA of 10000. Rather a surreal experience making these, it is 12 midnight, I am standing alone in the dark will all the fighting, barking, moving dogs making a bunch of exposures. Every 10-20 minutes someone would walk by, sometimes say hello but mostly leave me alone. For long periods it was me, the dogs, the stinking garbage and stars above. Maybe I can use one of these in the Penticton Art Gallery Exhibition. Another bizarre moment was the 2 times a garbage truck came by with men on the top yelling and waving hello to me (have stopped hiding from these guys, too difficult to do). I must have been quite a strange sight to their eyes. Sort of a nut!

Note* Check the dog at the top of the last photo. Did not know he was there when I made it, was mostly shooting kinda blind. The camera saw more than I did. The dog must have been barking at me as he looked down from the garbage mound.

Workers bags, filled up, Mae Sot dump, November 19, 2017
Worker shelters, Mae Sot dump, November 19, 2017
Worker shelter, Mae Sot dump, November 19, 2017
Worker shelters, Mae Sot dump, November 19, 2017
Garbage dump, Mae Sot November 19, 2017
Barking dog on stop of garbage, Mae Sot, November 19, 2017