Thursday, November 23, 2017

Color Dump Pictures That I Might Submit

Tomorrow I am off to Bangkok. Tonight I have been looking through some color work done in the dump that I like. I might be submitting some of these photographs for a future exhibition. Some might also be accepted to show in the Penticton Art Gallery exhibition in 2018.

I wonder thou if these photographs lack heart and are too pretty, style over substance. Sometimes when you are more worried about light and composition than your subjects hearts you get into problems. I want my pictures to be about my subjects, their emotions, their feelings. I do not want to just make empty but beautiful lighting photos with sweet colors. The subject is all that matters.

The pictures were basically all made in very low lighting situations that film  cannot deal with.  So it was either shooting them digital or not at all. All images were shot at 10000 ASA with a Canon 5D Mark 3.

Note* I would only choose 1 fire shot, 1 card playing shot, the girl working might be a diptych. Lots of flow and possibilities with these, but I do sense a possibilities. Quite a few months more of shooting in the dump will no doubt lead to more possible exhibition photographs.

Color likes from the dump
Possible artist talk image, not shot in the dump