Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Video: Disabled 6 Year Old

When I was in one area of the Burmese migrant community today a young women (sister) brought out a little boy. He was 6 years old and his name is CHAUN-TA-AUM.  Chaunta-aum is disabled in some way, not sure how. He did not seem to be able to walk, to move his limbs properly. She showed me the boy from a distance but did not ask for money. I spoke to Da (my friend-contact in the community) about her, Da told me in that the child was 6 and that he went to the local free clinic Mae Tao but could not be helped. Later on before I left, I went to the sister of the young boy (the older mother hid in the distance) introduced myself and snuck 100 baht into her hand. She waied and thanked me. Wish she could have thanked the people back home that donated funds, they are the real persons deserving credit, not me, I am only the messenger. 100 baht is not a lot of money, it is much more valuable here than in Canada but it is still not much, better than doing nothing I guess. The whole community I walked through is in need of money, are desperately poor. They also live in fear of arrest and deportation (if they cannot pay the bribe).

Here is a quick video of little. I made it to try and remember the child's name. All Burmese names are like 3 syllables and hard to remember.  Making the video helps with  my memory and pronunciation problems. I can learn peoples names this way.