Friday, November 17, 2017

Child Offers Me Sunflower Seeds

I had a nice little moment in the garbage. I was walking along shooting some with the BMPCC and the CAME TV steadycam. As I was shooting various things in the dark I hear "GERRY!" beside me from a young voice. I look down and to my left and there is a young boy of maybe 5 or 6, a very small child, he had sweet wide eyes. The boy held up a bag for me and inside were some sunflower seeds. I took some from him he smiled and then went on to offer them to some of his male friends working the nearby garbage. Later he came back and offered me more seeds. I think he found them in the garbage somewhere. I felt I had to so I ate a few for him, not bad tasting.

A little boy calls your name out of the darkness to offer you a gift. How can you forget things like that? How can you not want to come back again and again to help these families?