Monday, November 13, 2017

Photographed With Dads 8x10 Today

I had a long sleep of about 11 hours and woke up feeling much better. The slight stomach problem seems to have gone now.

I decided to pack up my 8x10 camera (the one my father gave me) and head out in search of some pictures. I got out a bit late around 430pm but managed to shoot 10 shots before the light faded around 6pm. Ended up driving about 15 minutes from my apartment to a more rural area where I found local Burmese people living. Will return there again tomorrow, not sure what time, possibly in the morning or if not then later in the day. I plan on returning to the dump the day after that.

It was rather nice to just get out and do a few landscape shots. Sort of get my technique down a bit with this camera. Am using some new gear here, mostly the new view camera head on my Gitzo tripod, which functioned pretty well. I managed to just get everything into my backpack (gifted to me by Larry L) and put the tripod with head in a plastic bag which I carried on my bikes handle bars.

I showed one child, and 4 Burmese men under the dark cloth. They got quite a kick after looking out the camera at the world in front of them upside down and backwards. When your shooting a view camera nowadays you always attract attention, especially in rural Thailand. Overall a nice outing. I was not sure bringing the view camera this trip was a smart idea, but now I feel like it was. I enjoyed shooting it today. It was a good change of pace.