Thursday, November 2, 2017

My Burmese Buddhist Festival Desert

I ate a nice desert tonight. When I was with the Burmese at the Buddhist festival people were selling many kinds of foods. I was the only white dude around so drew lots of attention, as did the camera. I saw one food item that looked interesting, it was a desert of some kind made with rice, probably a sticky rice that was brown in color. I was given a piece to try, I was told to dip it in shaved white coconut which was quite good (A man motioned for me to dip it in the coconut). Decided to buy 20 baht worth but somehow ended up getting two bags of the stuff and 50 baht worth. Not sure I can eat it all but good tasting stuff, the coconut helps it. Come on down to Mae Sot, you can my extra brown rice desert.


My Burmese Desert