Friday, November 17, 2017

United Nations? NOT!

When I bought the boots tonight the shop that sells them asked me a bunch of questions. The Indian/Burmese/Thai lady who runs the store with her husband always has a many questions for me. Nothing like trying to understand what she is asking me in Thai from far off in the distance (deep inside her store) with screaming traffic behind me.

In past visits I told them that I was helping the people working in the dump. That I was providing boots for them etc. I also mentioned that people back home in Canada/USA are helping, but not sure she understood. Today she asked me if I was with the UNITED NATIONS! Gosh! I said no, and told her I worked me, for my heart (slapping my chest). That was a bit pretentious on my part. Not sure she got it thou, doing that type of thing (doing something with no financial gain) does not always make sense to others here.

Maybe that is what the movie should be about, the process of doing what I am doing, the plus the stories in the dump. Do not like the idea of making it too much about me thou, would rather be invisible.