Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Back To The Poor Migrant Community

Went out a little earlier at 4pm (tomorrow will try for 3pm), and back to the Burmese Migrant areas. Made a few pics with the Leica rangefinder and quite a bit more with the Canon 5DM3. It was my second day to some of the folks there, so was more accepted this time round. I hope that over the next while I can intermingle trips to the dump and to this community, making pictures in both.

I like my time in this new community, easier to handle without the garbage and it is comforting being around good honest people. Their lives are very difficult but they often smile and laugh, at least after the initial "Who the heck is this guy?" moment.

I will return their tomorrow with the 8x10 camera to do some work, after that? Not sure, probably back to the dump, will stay away from the picking area and the Thai (NO PHOTO) authorities for now.