Thursday, November 16, 2017

Night Work At The Dump

In an effort to do more shooting, avoid Fred (at least for now) and avoid the Thai garbage authorities I am going to do more night time dump visits. Am heading out in a few minutes, with a bag of food, 3 sets of boots, my BMPCC mounted to a CAME TV steadycam with flood light plus my Canon 5D Mark 3 camera.

The idea is to shoot some video and some stills of the families lives after dark. Not sure if they are working the garbage at night anymore but I should be able to get into peoples homes. I am liked and trusted here now by most folks so I am sure I can gain access into their homes and do some photography (low light digital still color work) and some video with the steady cam and small flood light, maybe  also without the flood at 1600ASA.

Tonight is the first attempt at that type of  night time work (shot a tiny bit a week or so ago). Will see what happens. If it goes well I will try going 3 or 4 nights in a row. Honey told me she wants to help me, so I will start off in her home. I also want to donate the food to "Juh-Jet", the one armed boys home in the swamp dump area, maybe do some work there. His father has the most sensitive eyes and soft face.