Friday, November 17, 2017

Another 4 Pairs Of Boots

Bought another 4 pairs of boots tonight, size 10, 10.5, 10.5 and 11.5. Did not get a photo of these as I bought them before heading to the dump (night visit). I ended out handing out 7 of the 8 boots I took with me the 11.5 boot size person did not show up. I keep disappointing one man over and over again, told him I would bring his size 10s tomorrow. Gave one pair of size 9.5 to a young and very pregnant girl in the dump. She was wearing flip flops and needed size 9s. I told her male friend I had size 9.5 and he said that would do, certainly better than wearing flip flops in the garbage. The girl had such a sweet smile, standing there in the dark wearing a little hat, her belly way out and only greenish/blue flip flops on her feet. I can still remember her looking at me and smiling, hard to forget. That sort of thing, really helping someone, makes all the BS that goes on worthwhile.

Note* Cost of the boots was 800 baht, which was added to the spent total linked above left.