Friday, November 17, 2017

Second Rejected Grant

I also got rejected for a $750 CIP travel grant by the Edmonton Arts Council. I will have  pay for my part of this trip entirely out of my security guard paycheck and with some money my beautiful father left me on his passing. Miss you so much dad, even now almost 3 years later I dream of you multiple times a week. Wish I could show you around Mae Sot, and tell you stories. Miss sharing things with you so much.

Anyway here is the other rejection letter:


logo

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your application to the 2017 CIP Travel Grant (October 1st deadline).  The jury assessment has concluded, and the Board of the Edmonton Arts Council (EAC) accepted the jury's report earlier this week.

I regret to advise you that the jury did not recommend you for a grant this round.  These decisions were made in a competitive context, and unfortunately many worthy applicants were not recommended.

We will be sending out letters next week via Canada Post to formally notify applicants of the outcomes.

The Edmonton Arts Council also administers several other programs for individual artists that you may wish to explore.  Guidelines are available on our website at www.edmontonarts.ca.  You may also want to research the opportunities available at the Alberta Foundation for the Arts: www.affta.ab.ca.

Sincerely,

---- -------
Program Officer - Grants, Awards & Support Programs
Edmonton Arts Council