Monday, November 20, 2017

Shooting Video, So Different

Shooting film, video whatever you want to call it is so much different than doing stills. With stills I move and compose constantly, trying to capture the "Decisive Moment". With film I set up a shot and then wait for the action to tell the story. I look for a beginning and end to a clip. If a person is walking across the film plane I wait until he exits before shutting down the shot. Sound is also another factor, what they are saying, how they saying it.

Basically I am learning all this filming stuff on the fly, reading manuals on how to work the gear in my off hours. Watching YouTube color grading and editing videos. It is beginner time for me, but its a great way to learn. Working on a subject your passionate about, a subject that is important and then pushing yourself, learning on the fly! Trying to get your important story made.