Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Shot 8x10 Camera In Burmese Migrant Area

Lugged the 8x10, 5 holders, spot meter, dark cloth, loupe and lens down the Burmese migrant area today. I shot some photos of the housing in the area, nothing that spectacular, did  2 far off portraits of Da. I just wanted everyone to see the big camera. I am hoping in the coming in months to be able to do closer portraits of the residents, of the workers, of the families. Need to build trust first thou.

Once again I was given something. Today when I was shooting some photos, waiting for come children to move into position I was given a bottle of "Big Cola" by Da. I appreciate the gesture, it is Burmese hospitality, but I am starting to feel like a bit of a leech. These are poor people, they do not have to keep giving me stuff. I was also offered some beer when I was making the little music video blog. above this one.

Today at the Burmese migrant homes