Monday, June 22, 2015

Link: Today The First Day Off Work

Today I did a bunch of things with my mother. We went to visit dads grave as part of fathers day, where we took pictures. We then went to the mall had a nice little meal, followed by a visit to the library. At the mall and I printed up all the photos we liked. We did 36 4x6 beautiful colour prints on lustre paper, it worked out to $5.32. Cheap, convenient and pretty prints no wonder film is dying! Mom will send the pics to family members. After that I cut her lawn and mine before coming into the house do some film development.

I shot 6 photos at the graveyard of trees-tall grass. Today I got my B&H magnifier glasses (and 50 rolls of 120 Tri-x) that I hooked up to the top of the Graflex Super D chimney, they work GREAT! The glasses get in the way a bit with composition but they help a ton with focusing, it is way easier. The 6 pics in the horizontal format, were at 1/125 and f5.6, come at 1/30 and f11. I will post those later tonight after I finish the film processing and do the scanning. 

I need to get the darkroom ready for tomorrow, as I am holding a workshop at 1pm. Boy is the Graflex a fun camera to use, love that camera to death, no wonder so many great photographers used it. I hope the Rolleiflex is fun to use also after all I have 3 of those fricking cameras in the mail now. All heading to Canada form parts unknown!

Here is the a link to the glasses I bought and used today. I just found out they also have a 1.75 version. I might order those the next time I do a B&H order of some kind. Before I go to Asia I might also get a back up pair of the ones I like best, just in case I lose them on my travels. Having the magnifier seen pretty important to achieving sharper focus and having backups is always a good idea when your making photos in remote locations.