Friday, June 19, 2015

Up

My work out numbers during my night shifts continue to climb, now they include:

2x 40 push ups (up from 20)
2x 40 sit ups and leg crosses (up from 20)
5 chin ups (up from 1)
8 burpees (up from 5)

Tonight was the first time I did 5 underhanded chin ups. I still cannot do 1 real overhanded pull up with arms spread out but am working on that as well. Doing lots of stairs each night also along with stretches and crouches. On my week off work am riding more, last week did 4 bike rides of 21km+. Not sure how high I should let these numbers go, not sure how high I can go before things start breaking down. I do not want to over do stuff, do not want to hurt myself.

Slowly but surely things are coming together. I have definitely lost some weight and I feel leaner and meaner (well leaner anyway: )). I have about 4 months 10 days left to train. I will probably cut things down the last couple of weeks to avoid injury. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself a week before you fly.

Update* Just did a pull up, up to my nose. A few more inches and were at 1 pull up : ) Gosh those things are tough.
Update** Left shoulder a little sore and pinching, better pull back on the training a bit.