Friday, June 26, 2015

Looking Good The Best "Lost Innocence" Working Method

The more I think about it the more I realize that the"Lost Innocence" (brothel worker, western sex worker) series should be made with beautiful portraits. I think that if I show the workers in all their beauty, make beautifully lit natural head portraits, it will help make the viewer response. The gallery viewer will see the individual personal beauty of these women which will be at odds with the terrible world they live in. It is sort of a reverse physiology thing, instead of making them look horrid and beaten down to draw pity, make them look beautiful so the viewer feels that it could be them, that it could be their daughter or sister. Hopefully by showing my subjects outer beauty, the viewer will identify better with them and feel a greater personal connection.

At least that's the current thinking, I might change my mind again.