Friday, June 19, 2015

Bought A Bag Mag

Got this item off eBay today, it holds 12 4x5 sheets. Very old school piece of equipment called a bag mag or Kodak Folmber Schwing 4x5 Magazine. You mount it to the back of the Graflex camera then use the leather bag deal to change out the septums. There is supposed to be in and out slots that you use a rod to help with the removal of the septum from the front to the back areas of the unit. I guess this thing is a predecessor to the Graflex Gramatic. I am not sure this thing will work for me but I got it at a very low bid of $27USD (plus shipping) so thought it was worth the buying risk. If it does work for me I will not have to carry all those extra holders for the Graflex Super D. If it works I would just carry this device and the Grafmatic back, allowing ease of use and saving tons of back pain. If it does not work then I just lost $48USD.

Guess I should stop buying stuff now, need to shut down eBay and go into saving mode again. My trip is a bit more than 4 months away, time to save some doe.

Note* Hmm, wonder what this things smells like?