Saturday, June 27, 2015

#2 Down, A Good Workshop

Did a view camera workshop today with a Kat a student from Calgary. It was fun to talk photography and play with my Linhof which I have not done for a while. Tomorrow she is coming in to do a darkroom workshop, followed by a ESP photo meeting in the evening. It will be a busy last day off (am I off?) before I return to work on Monday.

Last Sunday I sent an email to my work bosses asking for a leave from the company to pursue my photography. I asked for a 3 month or 6 month leave. I am not sure what will happen, maybe nothing but at least I am trying to get some time to make my pictures. Hopefully I will get at least a 3 month leave. If I get my my 3 months, I will have plenty of time to start my "Forgotten Laughter" children in poverty project. This is the series of photos I want to dedicate to my father in book form. If not that, if a book publisher does not want to publish the work, then I will do and dedicate exhibitions in Edmonton and other cities.