Monday, June 15, 2015

Shot 12 Sheets

Within a few hours of my getting the Graflex RB Super D, I had shot 12 sheets of 4x5 Tri-x. The Graflex is a fun camera to shoot, thou I did feel a rather awkward using it. My exposures were 6 at 1/125 and 5.6 and 6 at 1/300 and 5.6. I wanted to see what the negs look like shot at 5.6. I am hoping the negs are sharp at that aperture which would allow me to handhold 4x5 in darker documentary photo settings. It was rather weird WINDING up my focal plane shutter but everything seemed to work correctly. It will take some practise to able to use this camera at a faster rate. I spent way to much time today trying to figure out the technique of using this thing and not enough time actually concentrating on the image.

I was very happy that you can focus close and do tight head shots with the camera, this feature could come in very useful. Fast close hand held 4x5 head shots! Great!! Today I did not add any filter factor but hopefully can get a printable neg. I did 2 heads of mom from different distances. A few full and half body portraits and a bunch of foliage/tree stuff.

If I am not to tired I will develop the film tomorrow after work. If there is anything decent I will scan and post some samples here on the blog.

I will get some more holders for the camera and a lens board for my brass lens. I want to try shooting some barrel lens on the Graflex. With the focal plane shutter I can now use brass lens for added cool looks to my negs.