Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bought A Canon Demi EE17 Half Frame

WellI  managed to get a very good almost like new condition Canon Demi EE17. These cameras are usually quite beat up on eBay, fungus, cracks, bangs and bruises all over the camera body, scratches on the lens etc. The one I purchased was in great shape with the original box, not bad for a 1960s era camera. I now own 3 1/2 frame cameras a Olympus Pen-EE 3, a Olympus Pen F and the Canon Demi EE17 (30mm f1.7 lens).

I am really falling in love with the grain, contrast and blur I can achieve in half frame with pushed film. Whichever of these cheap cameras I like best, I will take with me to Asia. Many folks online praise this camera to death, it might be the king of 1/2 frame. I will have to see how it goes, choose what I like best.

Can't believe the people who buy the cameras originally keep the instructions and original box for like 50+ years. They must have lots of storage space in their homes.