Tuesday, June 30, 2015

First Rolleiflex Roll

Just developed my first roll of film from the Rolleiflex Automat 75mm. The spacing between frames is perfect, the exposures bang on and the negs sharp within the negative depth of focus. Next time I will try shooting the camera at smaller apertures in better light.

I am excited about the possibilities these cameras present. I will probably buy some of the Rolleinar close up lens (they come in sets of 1, 2 and 3 for each bayonet size) for my two camera types, bayonet 1 for the Automat and bayonet 3 for the F and GX  Planar 2.8 Rollei's. I have visions of square tight head shots with limited focus and good bokeh. Maybe the heads can be shot from low angles with white sky backgrounds, giving a nobility to the subject (Edward Weston like).

Rolleiflex Automat at F5.6 or F8