Monday, June 29, 2015

Ultimate Small Camera Kit

I was thinking on my rounds today of an ultimate small camera kit to use overseas. If I am taking a very short trip or if I am too old to carry to much gear I might try this size kit.

- Small camera bag
- Leica M6 with 35mm f1.4 lens
- Rollieflex 80mm f2.8
- Tri-x 120 and 35mm film

Thats it! A very small kit of 2 world class cameras with world class glass and the best film ever made Tri-x. All you need to make great pictures! That and the drive to push yourself to the create.

Imagine that doing 120mm and 35mm with 2 of the best tools every created for film photography, all in one very small and relatively light package. If I go to Uganda next year for a week or 10 days the kit might be something simple and effective like this. I could walk and shoot for days carrying such light gear.

Note* I would use the light meter in the M6 to establish exposures for the Rolleiflex.