Monday, June 15, 2015

Lucille? And Other Graflex Super D Thoughts

 I have been thinking of giving the camera a female name, is that weird? Maybe so! Still it could be fun. It would allow me to be me arty farty creative and personal with this equipment. BB King called his guitar Lucille, what should I call my Graflex?

After closer inspection of the camera it seems to be in excellent condition. There is a bit of dust on the mirror, a few marks on the leather covering, a tiny bit of raised leather on the front lens hood but thats about it. This thing is pristine, I paid a lot for it especially with shipping and duty etc but this thing may well be worth it. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.

One feature I really like about the camera is a super sized 2 1/4 inch metal focusing knob that was placed on it. The knob makes focusing easy and precise, whoever adapted it added a worthwhile feature. I might add a next strap of some kind, possibly a guitar strap. I have one hole already on the right side of the camera so would only have to add 1 hole to the left side for the strap. Still putting HOLES in your camera makes me a bit queasy.