Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bought A 6x9 Carrier

I got a very good price on a 6x9 Graflex 23 carrier for my Graflex Super D. I have always loved the 6x9 roll format size (matches 35mm and 5x7 with the longer horizontal) so thought I would try for one of these carriers. I now have 2 options with the Graflex, I can shoot 4x5 or 120 mm film sizes. I had been bidding on several of these 23 carriers and kept getting outbid at the $49USD mark but today I got lucky and bought one for only $35USD (my max bid was $51USD). I paid for the back and it's on its way to Canada. I will probably be shooting with it in 2 or 3 weeks, will post the results on the blog.

Update* I will need to draw some 6x9 composition lines on my Graflex ground glass so that I can compose photos more accurately when using this carrier.

Graflex 23 Graphic 120 roll film holder for 4x5 camera