Friday, June 19, 2015

Sputnik Stereoscopic Scans

Here are a few stereo photos from today's Sputnik mosquito fest. I did have loading problems as I only got 3.8 sets of negs onto a roll of 120. I had lots of blank film at one end so I need to correct that mistake. Anyway, the negs are nice and sharp and the camera fun to shoot. I plan on using this thing plenty of times in the future. Well worth the $95USD price tag. Pass the borscht comrade!

Not sure why but the lens side neg (lens?) is not as sharp as the right in this scan. In the other double 3 photos I made the sharpness seems more balanced. Not sure why this one is different (part of creating a 3D effect?). I shot these at F5.6 I might have to set a minimum aperture a bit higher to get more uniform overall sharpness, maybe F11,16, 22. It was a good first attempt. I will learn from these mistakes and do better the next time. I might take this camera to dads graveyard next week off to do some pics. It is so peaceful and beautiful there, it might help me concentrate and create a bit better.

Notice that these two images are not quite the same for the 3D effect. The lens are in slightly different positions, you can see it in the tree positioning and the various bright light, dark shadow areas.

First attempt with Sputnik stereographic camera