Thursday, June 18, 2015

Found My Linhof 5x7 Lensboards!

Several years ago 2 nice gentlemen from Apug  (analog photography users group) sent me 3 Linhof 5x7 camera lensboards for free! For several years I used one of the metal ones with my 210mm lens and the camera but had to settle for a plastic lensboard for my favored 120mm lens. I had this lensboard made by a former acquaintance from one of my clubs, it is adequate but I worried how the plastic would respond to extensive use in Asian heat and humidity. Would the cheap plastic lens board be hard to load into the camera, become warped or damaged? Now that I found these metal versions again I can transfer my 120mm lens to one of these. I found the boards under a pile of prints I was shuffling through for next weeks photo club meeting. For this meeting I am hosting and talking about my work.

Another trip problem solved. I am now approximately 4 months and 2 weeks away from making pictures in Asia.