Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Developed The Graflex Super D FIlm

I developed the 12 sheets of Graflex 4x5 film I shot yesterday. I opened the jobo tank, peered in, and with a deep breath pulled out the first sheet to examine it. The sheet looked well exposed, it looked reasonably sharp. The camera seems to have no light leaks, no fogging from the new film holder either.

WHEW!! WHAT A RELIEF!!

I need to check the negs with a loupe after they wash and dry but so far so good, things look promising. This could turn into a major photographic tool for me, leading to some very strong photos. Another camera to take with me to Asia next trip?

Leng Mao my cat is curious about my new Graflex, as I am typing this, she is smelling it. The camera has an OLD MUSTY smell to it.  Leng Mao just bolted upstairs, maybe she thinks my camera stinks or the previous owner had a dog.

Update: Am trying to arrange to buy a lens board for my brass barrel lens, there are 2 possibilities on eBay.

Update: I looked at the film with a loupe (while it was still wet). Some of the shots are out of focus (probably photographer error), but others look quite sharp. Even the 2 tight heads I did of mom at F5.6 and 1/300 look sharp. This is exciting! Will shoot more with the camera today, and over the next days, weeks, months. If I take it to Asia I need to become very proficient with it.