Sunday, June 7, 2015

Link: Holga Viewer

I have been thinking that I might be able to use this Sputnik camera as a compliment to my 2D shows. If had another exhibition for example at Visual Arts Alberta, which has great window light I could include the linked Holga viewers and 3D mounts. On the walls of the gallery I could have my traditional black and white photos and then I could provide the crowd with 3-5 of these Holga viewers loaded with 3D colour slides.

The 3 dimensional, beauty, colour images would add a whole different aspect to the exhibition. It would be a whole different experience for the visitors and guests to work with. My only concern would be to leave 1 of a kind transparencies just laying around in the viewers, I might have to figure out how to make duplicate viewing transparencies for the show (never done that before).

Here is a link to the viewer and mounts, and how to use them. You can can a feel for these nice cheap plastic viewing set ups. I bought 6 plastic holders and 1 viewer last night for around $35USD.
Using A Holga Viewer