Thursday, January 4, 2018

Graveyard And Water Buffalo

Rented a motorbike today from my hotel, the cost for 1 day today, cost $5 USD. Ended up tooling round Hoi An tonight without incident. The highlight of the day was visiting a large graveyard in a rice field and making photos with the Leica and film, The layout, graves were very different than other cemetery I have photographed. The place was inter woven with graves at all sorts of strange angles, everything sort of ran into each other. It all seemed first come first serve like. There were also cows and a water buffalo feeding there which was a certainly different. Tomorrow morning before I leave Hoi An I will drive out again with the Leica and the Canon digital.camera.

I was surprised how active it was in at the cemetery. Praying people, 3 men (brother) cleaning their father and mothers grave. Many fisherman at a nearby pond, work in the nearby rice fields and the grazing cows, water buffalo with a young man watching over them. An extremely busy graveyard!

Note* The new batteries I have in my Leica M6 body died, so I had to guess at exposure ti es today. I shot most of the day in overcast light at 1/6o and f5.6 to f 8 (mostly f8 at 200 ASA). Hope I guessed the exposures times right and the shots work out.