Monday, January 15, 2018

First KODOKU (Solitude - Being Alone) Photograph, Possible B/W Look For The Digi File

I know almost nothing about Photoshop. Tonight on my return to Mae Sot I am playing with my first possible picture for my Japanese KODOKU project (the Japanese word for alone). I wanted to communicate the loneliness, the isolation, the solitude, even a sadness, a kinda hopelessness to their fate. I thought I saw this in many Japanese people.

Not sure about the final look of the photos yet, might change to color, might lesson the contrast , not sure whats what just yet, playing around with the look, posting it and will study and think it over. This edit was created from the jpeg file not the RAW file I have of the same image. Later on when I am digitally printing for an exhibition I will of course edit the RAW higher quality file. This first try, this first look is basically what I was thinking, feeling and seeing as I made the exposures on the streets and in the subways of Japan.I am new to digital photography, learning as I go. What I love most about the cameras is the ability to shoot in very low light. That is why I chose the digital Canon 5D Mark 3 over my Leica's and Tri-x/

Kodoku #1 (shot in Kyoto Japan, December 2017)