Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Alone In The Dark Dump With Wild Dogs

Strange feeling last night. Am alone in the dump, no people working, it is 4am. I stop the bike and decide to take some photos using my motorcycle light on the garbage and dump structures (where people hide from the sun). I set up my tripod, start to take photos. The motorcycle bike light suddenly goes out, low battery. I am now in the dark fumbling to get my head lamp working. I hear a noise behind me, a cracking, and crunching type sound, then something buzzes my face and lands on the top of my bare hand. Spooky sh-t!' That will get you jumping!

It took about 15 seconds but I did get the light on. The noise was the wild dump dogs scavenging for food, all around me, their everywhere. The landing thing was some kind of enormous flying red colored ant type bug.

I did eventually get the bike going and made photos of the dump at night, see link.
The Dump At Night

Strange how peaceful the dump can be at night, you have the smells but it is oh so quiet, the stars are beautiful. It is all so relaxing until you look around with your flashlight and see the reflective eyes of 6 or 8 dogs staring (12+eyes) back at you out of the distant and not so distant darkness!