Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Morning Of Screw Ups

Had a nice morning making photos except for the fact I made no photos. Found out at the end of the day I had my ground glass misaligned and most of my mornings work of 16 exposures would be fogged as a result. I probably only got 4 shots today, maybe less. What a waste, pissed me off major. My stupidity with cameras is epic sometimes, that's a result of working with too many tools and not knowing them well enough. Lots of effort today for no photographic result. Mr. Incompetent was running the camera.

Anyway it was still a nice morning to get out and see the world, see the Thai landscape, say hello to some people. I will reload the holders and give it all another try later this week. Initially I thought I might not have a chance to shoot all my 8x10 Tri-x this trip. I brought over 200 sheets I think. Now I am nearing the end of the first box, could I shoot it all before I go? Will shoot into the hundreds anyway. Now if I can just stop making f-cking technical mistakes I might actually accomplish something.

The light, the atmosphere, the feeling of beauty was everywhere this morning. At least I have that.

Burmese people walking in sugarcane area