Monday, January 8, 2018

Write A Book?

Thinking of writing a book, a autobiography of my life. If I do this, I WILL DO IT WITH COMPLETE HONESTY.

Possible book title. “Tears of a Butterfly: My Life Making Pictures”. I would want the work to be down to earth and unpretentious. Maybe I could write it and hope to get the book published 10 years after my death and after the deaths of most of the others I write about, and have photographed. (allowing the honesty). It would also need to include some simple reproductions of my photos next to the text. I would tell stories (am pretty good at that) along with the corresponding pictures.

A post mortem, coming back from the dead type autobiography. Would anyone give a shit! Probably not, but it would be fun to try to do this. If any of my photographs live on past my life time the book could have some value as it speaks of the work.

Note* This Idea was partially inspired by my picking up a copy of photojournalist Tim Page’s Cambodia, Vietnam book “Derailed In Uncle Ho’sVictory Garden” at a Saigon hotel tonight.

https://www.amazon.com/Derailed-Uncle-Hos-Victory-Garden/dp/0684860244