Friday, January 26, 2018

Mr. Landscape

This morning I was very glad I brought Dads 8x10 Deardorff with me to Thailand. Bringing the camera, lens, holders, tripod and the like all the way to Mae Sot Thailand was a major undertaking but today it was so good to have it. I decided a change of pace was necessary/ After my 15 hour sleep I got the gear headed out in the darkness to a location I scouted the other day. By the time the light was up I was ready to compose and focus my shot. During the next 3 hours I shot 18 sheets of Tri-x 8x10. A couple were duplicate negs, I did 10 or set ups. I am not a landscape guy (at least yet) but it was so tranquil so beautiful, so relaxing. Occasionally a person walked by or cows did (see video) but for the most part it was me, myself and I in the beautiful outdoors. A very nice change up after the chaos, smells and flies of the dump.

Early morning arrival
Last set ups , later in the day