Monday, January 22, 2018

From Facebook: The Real Heroes

Thank you, you to all those that are helping. I get to play Santa but your the real heroes. Today handed out 4 pairs of boots, 6 headlamps, 4 mama noodles and suckers (both for the kids as treats). Also a small donated toy from Canada. Even took some old food to give the dogs. They did not bark at me today. Maybe that is what all the barking was about before, everyday! They were saying “What about us?” Will try to take them food everyday now.

Here some of the kids are playing with my 8x10 Deardorff today. At one point there were 5 maybe 6 kids attacking the camera. I was trying to show them shutter speeds, f-stops, how to focus, how to open up the lens, close the lens, cock the shutter, use the cable release (their fav part).

Update* One cute part I forgot to mention. They were yelling FOCUS, FOCUS under the dark cloth after I gave them the loupe and showed how to hold it against the ground glass an then move the bellows back and forth. Budding film photogs all of them!