Friday, January 12, 2018

A Night On Sukhumvit

I had a very busy day today and was quite tired around 9pm. My plan was to head out to Sukhumvit road to continue working on the SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT photography project. But how could I? I was tired and felt lazy. I needed to go though, I only had 3 night of shooting, I fly to Mae Sot on the 15th. before I return to Mae Sot, I need to get this second project completed!

Around 1130pm I forced myself to go out. Sometimes you need to push yourself. After 16 days of mostly lying on my ass in Vietnam I needed to work.

I am very glad I went out tonight, spent about 4 hours, shot a ton of pictures, some of them good I think. Hopefully got 2 or 3 possible exhibition quality photographs.My goal is to tell the story of tha never sleeping, always churning road at night. Two more shooting  nights to go, I return to Mae Sot and the dump on the 15th.

Note to self, pushing yourself to make pictures is ALWAYS a good thing.