Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Video: Oops, I Am Stuck In A Rice Field

from Facebook...
So yesterday I was out on my motorbike and went too far with it again. I ended up stranded in an unknown rice field, out in the middle of nowhere with less than 30 minutes of light left. This is in Mae Sot Thailand, for those that did not know. Mostly a Burmese area here, even thou it is geographically inside Thailand, Burmese is more commonly spoken here.
Eventually I did get out of this after some real extended effort. I figured my best strategy was to reverse my field and head backwards instead of digging my hole deeper. Managed to do just that after a long slow and bumpy ride. Getting the motorbike turned round was a real bitch! Another fun little adventure, might go back:)
Note* The black plastic bag is filled with boots and half of the headlamps for the dump. I was also carrying a large camera bag, not visible.
In a rice field, with the sun setting