Monday, January 15, 2018

Got Me INSTAGRAM Now

Well I had been advised by my friend to get an Instagram account set up. It is a great way to promote your photography online, or so I have been told. Will see how it goes, am trying to work out the bugs  on this latest foray into social media. Maybe someone will notice the Instagram work and give me an exhibition, or even buy some photographs; now that would be a change of pace.

Note*How do you get the entire pic into the Instagram page frame? Not a cropped version.

https://www.instagram.com/gerryyaum/

On my project KODOKU, from Instagram:

  • gerryyaum“KODOKU, Japan” From a new series I shot in Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, and Sapporo)over 2 weeks, in December 2017. Kodoku means ALONE in Japanese. I felt there was a real loneliness even a desperate sadness in many of the Japanese people I saw. I wanted to capture that sense of isolation, solitude, aloneness. Japan is a beautiful culture with a polite and extremely hard working people but in many ways it is also a place of great responsibility and an over powering world of conformity. There is a popular saying in Japan, “The nail that stands up gets hammered down”. In many ways, the people I photographed seemed hammered down.