Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Strange Day Almost A Disaster Day At The Dump

Had two weird ass dangerous, and near disaster events occur tonight. One was when I was using my headlamp on my motorbike as a light source to make pictures with. I was in the dump shooting away all by my lonesome, out in the middle of fricking no whhere when the bike light went dead suddenly. From bright to dead in no time, no dimming. It caught me totally by surprise. Luckily with a 10 minute effort (kick stand was down, battery low), I was able to get it started again. Not sure what I would have done with a dead motorbike in the middle of a garbage dump at 4am, in complete darkness. It only had the electric starter, no kick starter.

The second issue was with my Canon 5D Mark 3 camera. When I first started using it I got an ERROR message and it stopped working. Not sure how or why but eventually I got it working again, and made the pictures I posted of the dump at night and some of the family workers. I have to check with my friend Larry about the issue, he knows these cameras well. It took me about 30 minutes of fumbling with the camera in the darkness of the dump to get it working again. I stupidly do not have a back up Canon body (have a Mark 2 back home). I took too much other gear with me to make a movie! No room for backup bodies. I am relying on this camera to continue the FAMILIES OF THE DUMP and especially the SUKHUMVIT AT NIGHT pictures.