Monday, January 5, 2015

Wish Dad Could Come To The Show

I wish dad could come to the show at the beginning of February but that is not going to happen. Dad never really understood why I made my pictures, I tried to explain it to him many times but he never quite got it. If he saw this show maybe it would help him understand a bit better. I so want him to understand why I was doing what I was doing, spending time and money in the way I was spending it.

I will try and take finished prints for dad to see as I spot and frame them in the next month, that needs to be good enough. If he does not feel up to looking at them I will put them away but he might be curious even at this late date. Maybe it will give him something else to think about besides, cancer and dying.

With out my fathers financial help at numerous times in my life, I would not be able to do what I am doing now with these pictures. Both personally and with my photography dad was always there for me. He never understood why I was doing what I was doing, but because I was his son that was enough. He was always there for me, his son, when I needed him most.