Monday, January 12, 2015

Video: Flip Through Gerry Yaum Picture Magazine

Here is the picture magazine, I made the images a bit contrasty but I like the feel of this magazine, has a harshness to it I quite like. In real life I would probably print the photos less contrasty. Overall I am quite pleased, this thing has 36 pages in it so cost more to print, I will try charging $25 for the mag (have 3 of them). If I sold one I would be more than happy! Doubt I will sell any but what it does offer is free advertising to all the big wigs that might attend the show, plus it will be fun for just friends and family to browse through. Because I have these mags people can see a larger variety of my work, as it includes everything from shots done of nude ladyboys in short time sex rooms to the families in the Mae Sot garbage dump.

I could have made a better selection of images but I was limited to the larger sized files I had on my hard drives. In the future I might try like a 200 page retrospective mag of some kind. For that project I would have to do scanning specific to designing the book-mag.


Here is a video flip through of the mag.