Thursday, January 22, 2015

Todays Negative And Dad Tonight

I think last nights printing went pretty well. I have several prints to work with in the secondary processing which I will do on Sunday. I am now moving on to a full body shot of dad laying in bed. I will make up a mask and see what it looks like in 16x20 and move on from there. I have several possible 35mm, 120 and a 5x7 neg to work with.

I am thinking it might be fun to try the 5x7 negative simply because I can print it with my new (used) free 5x7 enlarger which I got from Jack last year. I have only printed with that enlarger a little bit. To make up a large 16x20 fibre show print with it would be loads of fun.

On todays visit to dad he was not talking much, he ate a single piece of pork ribs that I brought him along with a few salted nuts that I also brought. The bring food thing worked yet again. I think dad feels obligated to eat something because his son gave it to him. I know he will really be in trouble when he stops eating the food I bring him. His blood pressure is down, up until now it has been OK. After we helped him to bed he said thank you in such a sweet voice when I kissed him on the forehead goodnight. Tomorrow I will bring him the USB stick and show my father pics from the family album on his 60 inch Sony TV. He noticeably perks up when I show family pics, especially of his grandchildren.