Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Statement Issues

Things are going fairly well with show preparations, the only concern I really have now is getting the artist statements made up. I planned to print them up off word files here at work but the printer does not accept my thicker style photo paper. Not sure why it does not work, in the past it has. I do not have any other ways to print this out as I do not have a digital printer at home. I might have to resort to trying to get the files printed out at places like Staples or Costco. Will try asking around in the coming days. Of course I could go out and buy a printer but do not really want to go down that road as I am trying to save money to photograph in Asia. I made a vow to my father I want to keep and for that I need money, so I have been saving saving saving. Buying a printer and expensive inks for one time use is not really an option for me. I still have to print 3 of dads photos and do secondary printing on 5 prints, then the mounting and framing. I do not want to waste to much time running around town on this statement problem thingy.

I should be able to figure this out, still have 22 days until we speak to the NAIT students and 24 days until the opening night. If worse comes to worse I will just print out something and put it in booklets like I did for the last show at Larry's gallery. I can also try mounting more standard paper to foam core board and seeing how that looks.