Friday, January 16, 2015

Acceptable Looking Artist Statement.

Did up the "Families of the Dump" artist statement on a off white higher quality paper mounted to some foam core board. It looks OK, not bad at all. Certainly better than having it in a booklet like I did last time at Larry's gallery. I will mount the statement at eye level on the wall with non damaging poster tack right next to the first print. People can read the short statement then move on to the pictures. As a bonus its saving me $40, I used all existing supplies to make the statement up, no extra costs. I can use that saved money to buy some rice for the families of the dump the next time I visit, $40 will buy lots of rice in Mae Sot.

I want to try to do up a version on photo paper that is larger with a colour picture of me in the dump along with the statement. I will try to get this printed up at Staples this weekend. If that does not work I will fall back to this non photo version. I also wanted to do a statement plus colour photo for the dad part of the exhibiton. I wanted everyone to see a pic of dad when he was younger (70), handsome and healthy.

If I cannot get the photo version statements made up, then I will settle for 2 statements like the one below. I like the professional look of this statement, this should work fine. I feel relieved to have something that will work for me.

Note* In the picture the paper seems to have more than one tonality, in real life its one nice solid colour.
Simple acceptable artist statement for coming exhibition.